American Express® AeroplanPlus® Platinum Card
Offers & Rewards
Fees & Rates
- New American Express® AeroplanPlus® Platinum Cardmembers earn 40,000 Bonus Aeroplan® Miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months of Card membership
- Earn 1.25 miles for every dollar in purchases you charge to the Card, up to $25,000 and accelerate your earn rate to 1.5 miles for every dollar in purchases over $25,000 annually
- Enjoy an annual Partner Ticket™ when you redeem 15,000 Aeroplan Miles for a short-haul roundtrip Fixed Mileage Flight Reward®
- Breeze through airport lines with Air Canada® Priority Check-in benefit and avoid the line-ups at security by accessing the Pearson Priority Security Lane located at the departure levels at Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Relax in over 700 lounges worldwide, including Air Canada Maple Leaf LoungeTM access in airports across Canada, in London and in Paris, and around the globe with Complimentary Priority Pass Membership
- $199 Supplementary Card Fee for AeroplanPlus Platinum Cards
- As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid finance charges
If you want better than gold, you’re going to have to pay up quite a bit. Compared to its gold counterpart ($120), the American Express® AeroplanPlus® Platinum Card comes with an annual fee four times higher ($499). More ideal for you big spenders or avid travellers out there, this card does come with some enticing perks. The 40,000-point sign-up bonus that comes with it can pay for two round-trips to the Caribbean, though you have to spend $3,000 in three months to get the bonus. Your first $25,000 in purchases gets you 1.25 miles per dollar and 1.5 miles per dollar after you hit that mark.
Benefits and Coverage
You can bring along a friend with the card’s partner ticket initiative. When you redeem 15,000 Aeroplan Miles once per year, you get a two-for-one short-haul flight reward. Meanwhile, you get unlimited complimentary visits to the Maple Leaf Lounge for free food and drinks plus priority Air Canada check-in and security lane access at Pearson International Airport. Coverage-wise, you get ten insurance policies when you travel including out of province or country emergency medical insurance. This card carries hefty prices but ensures you travel with no weight on your shoulders.