American Express® Gold Rewards Card
Offers & Rewards
Fees & Rates
- New American Express® Gold Rewards Cardmembers can earn a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 Membership Rewards® points just by making $1,500 in purchases in the first three months of Cardmembership
- That’s enough to redeem for a round-trip Fixed Mileage Flight RewardTM to almost anywhere in North America
- Earn 2 points for every $1 on eligible travel and everyday purchases. Earn one point for every $1 in Card purchases everywhere else
- Charge any eligible purchase to your Card then log in to redeem your points for a statement credit
- Book flights within Canada or to destinations around the world for a fixed amount of points, with the Fixed Points Travel Program. You can book any airline , fly any day, and even book right up to a day before departure.
- Free Additional Gold Rewards Card (a $50 value) to help you earn points faster
- As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges.
Whenever you spend on gas, groceries, and travel, the Gold Rewards Card gives you twice the points for every dollar used. To encourage usage, American Express® includes a 25,000-point welcome bonus once you charge $1,500 to your card within the first three months of membership. You can even add one free additional cardholder to collect points faster.
A standout feature is that you can transfer your points to Aeroplan or other frequent flyer programs to get three times the reward value. This card also lets you capitalize on their fixed points travel program where you can redeem your points to book flights to anywhere in the world. There are other flight- and hotel-related benefits you can secure by using the Gold Rewards Card, plus there are seven travel insurance coverages to ensure you have a safe trip, including 15 days of travel medical insurance. You can enjoy front-line access to various entertainment experiences, receive car rental benefits and even charge eligible purchases to your card before redeeming your points as a statement credit.
If you can afford the $150 annual fee, then there's good reason to consider this American Express offering.