Scotiabank® GM®* Visa* card
Fees & Rates
- Get closer to your new car with up to 5% in GM Earnings
- Earn 5% in GM Earnings on the first $5,000 spent annually, and 2% thereafter
- $1 in GM Earning = $1 off the purchase price or lease of a new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac
- No earning or redemption caps
- Rates, fees and other information are effective as of February 1, 2018. Subject to change.
Coming with no annual fee or extra fee for supplementary cardholders, you'll earn 5% on GM Earnings on the first $5,000 spent annually using the Scotiabank® GM® Visa Card. That figure drops to 2% on everyday purchases after you hit the $5,000 mark. You can save faster towards getting your new Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, or GMC thanks to the return this card affords you. There are no earning caps or redemption limits, and your GM Earnings don't expire as long as you are an existing cardholder.
With the Scotiabank® GM® Visa Card, you enjoy slightly lower than usual interest rates – 17.99% on purchases and card advances – when you use the card. However, it doesn’t come with comprehensive insurance but does at least give you basic purchase protection as well as an extended warranty. And, unless your heart is really set on getting a car, that $5,000 may seem like a big hit to take if there aren’t also extensive rewards to capitalize on.
The good thing is that you can save money with the lower interest rates. And when you use a car rental as you’re saving up for that dream car, you get 25% off purchases made at AVIS locations nationwide or Budget locations across North America. If you’re a General Motors fan, this card is for you.