Scotiabank®* Platinum American Express® card
Fees & Rates
- Earn 30,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points upon first purchase
- Earn 4x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at gas stations, grocery stores, on dining and entertainment
- Earn one point on all other eligible everyday purchases
- Complimentary membership to Priority Pass Airport Lounges Worldwide
- Rates, fees and other information are effective as of Jul 2, 2020. Subject to change.
Upon your first purchase, this American Express® card allows you to earn 30,000 bonus Scotia Rewards® points; enough to redeem on an extensive round trip. Being a platinum card, it comes the appropriate fees: a $399 annual fee and a $99 fee if you want to add a supplementary card. However, you can accumulate rewards faster as you earn four Scotia Rewards points for every dollar you spend at eligible gas stations, grocery stores, or entertainment outlets.
You can book and redeem for travel anywhere and anytime, with no travel restrictions via the Scotia Rewards® Travel Service, a full-scale travel agency. Your rewards can not only be used on travel but for a wide array of gifts, merchandise, and other perks. The Scotiabank® Platinum American Express® Card also gives you the exclusive benefit of being a Hertz #1 Club Gold member, giving you special privileges and speedier service across Hertz locations. You can get discounts, offers, and specials on travel experiences with the platinum card while enjoying seven different travel insurance coverages. Furthermore, you can shop safely as it comes with price protection in the event of a price drop within 60 days of purchase. There's also purchase protection and an extended warranty for good measure.
You can get car rental discounts of up to 25% at AVIS and Budget locations as well as free lounge access. As far as travel cards go, this card has some substantial benefits.
Legal & Disclosures
Shop Credit Cards In Canada