The American Express® Platinum Card®
Offers & Rewards
Fees & Rates
- Unlock special experiences with the Platinum Card
- New Platinum® Cardmembers, earn 25,000 Welcome Bonus Membership Rewards® points when you charge $2,000 in purchases to your Card in the first three months of Cardmembership
- Earn 3 points for every $1 in Card purchases on eligible dining in Canada, 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases on eligible travel, and 1 point for every $1 in all other Card purchases
- You will have access to a $200 CAD Annual Travel Credit to use towards any single travel booking of $200 or more charged to your Platinum Card and made on www.americanexpress.ca/travel or through Platinum Card® Travel Service
- Take full advantage of the American Express Global Lounge Collection which unlocks access to over 1200 airport lounges worldwide. This includes The Centurion® Lounge network, Plaza Premium Lounges, and hundreds of other domestic and international lounges designed to enhance your travel experience
- Enjoy complimentary benefits that offer an average value of $550 USD at over 1,000 extraordinary properties worldwide when you book Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Platinum Cardmembers can enjoy access to special events and unique opportunities
- Enjoy premium benefits at the Toronto Pearson Airport such as discounts on parking
- You will also have access to many leading hotel and car rental companies’ loyalty programs. Our partners include Marriott International, Hilton Hotels and Resorts®, Radisson Hotel Group Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts and Hertz® and Avis®
- As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges
Anything platinum is going to be expensive and, when factoring in the $699 annual fee that’s the case with this American Express® offering. But if you're not afraid to risk it and spend big, the rewards that come with this card are plentiful.
If you make $2,000 in card purchases within the first three months, you earn 25,000 rewards points as a sign-up bonus. You can also access a $200 travel credit once per year and use it towards any single travel booking totalling $200 or more. The travel perks are wide-ranging too with special benefits at Toronto Pearson International Airport, hotel and car rental benefits as well as preferred golf membership. There are 11 travel insurance coverage plans including medical insurance and $500,000 in travel accident insurance. You can redeem your points towards various travel and entertainment experiences or do so as a statement credit after making eligible purchases. There's no pre-set spending limit on purchases, and you have other shopping coverages. To top it all off, you get Platinum Concierge service and the Global Dining Collection, which provide you with first-class offerings.
If spending is your habit, this Platinum Card® will reward you for it in many ways.